In the best way.
At first glance Arsham Fieg Gallery looks like every other modern art gallery.
Concrete looking floors.
Fieg and Arsham decked out in stylish monochromatic streetwear pointing at artworks.
The gallery has had exhibitions from
Since the gallery is located inside of KITH they don’t face similar issues of other typical brick and mortar galleries such has high overhead costs. It’s nestled on the second floor of Kith’s super busy store in NoHo. And boy do I mean nestled!
The gallery is set up perfectly for Instagram, and the only people you need to worry about standing in front of the artwork when you’re trying to get the perfect picture are Ronnie Fieg and Daniel Arsham themselves.
...or are they themselves??? I think I can safely say Arsham/Fieg Gallery is the smallest gallery in New York City… but does that not make it qualify as a gallery?
Still don't see it?
What Arsham/Fieg have done is absolutely brilliant. They’ve created every aspect of a gallery
- Regular shows from established/emerging artists
- A well maintained Instagram
- Press releases (modernized into blog posts)
- An in-person exhibition space that’s accessible (2nd Floor of Kith in NoHo)
In fact - Arsham/Fieg offers some key advantages that most galleries don’t have including
- Straightforward blog posts….because let’s be honest, who likes getting lost in the conceptual fluff of some press releases (JUST TELL ME WHAT THE EXHIBITION IS ABOUT)
- A photographable space - (even with people for scale)
- Long hours (Open from 10 am - 9 PM -- meaning you don’t have to skip out of work at 5 to sprint to see ONE show)
Is this the future? Or some form of what the future is? No Matter, I see what you did here and I love it.